Races R My Bag
THE FIRST ORIGINAL CUSTOM TYVEK RACE BIB BAG AVAILABLE!!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
If you're ordering a Races R My Bag bag your getting an ORIGINAL!
My bags are made up entirely of your race numbers/bibs and/or t-shirts, not some other fabric, unless otherwise specified or requested.
How do I place an order?
1. Go to the "BAG FEATURES & PICS" tab to check out each bag's features and see pictures of each one...plus...find out approximately how many race numbers and/or t-shirts it takes to make the bag you want...then select the bag you want.
2. Go to the "contact us" tab and use the form to ask any questions and/or let me know which bag you selected and which race numbers or t-shirts you would like to showcase as priority on your bag. You can also send an email to email@example.com if that's easier than using the form. If you just want to order a bag and let me create it for you without anything specific to showcase, just let me know. I take great pride in creating a very eye catching, visually beautiful bag that you will be proud to show off.
***If you don't see a bag that suits you on my site...I can work with you to create something different (pattern fee will apply)...just contact me and let me know!!***
Specify how you would like to be contacted--by phone or by email--and be sure to include your contact information.
3. You will be contacted within 48 hours of submitting your questions or custom order requests and once I have answered all/any questions and discussed your bag choice with you, you will then select your bag in the "online store" section and pay for the bag in the shopping cart section.
4. Once you've paid for your bag, you will send your race numbers/and or t-shirts to:
(Races R My Bag)
3645 Butte Rd.
Emmett, ID. 83617
***THREE IMPORTANT NOTES***
1. ABOUT T-SHIRTS:
MAKE SURE THAT ALL OF YOUR T-SHIRTS ARE WASHED AND CLEAN BEFORE YOU SEND THEM TO US. I WILL NOT WORK WITH DIRTY CLOTHING. SENDING OLD T-SHIRTS IS FINE AS LONG AS THEYRE NOT SO WORN THAT THEY WON'T HOLD A STITCH. IT'S ALWAYS BEST TO MAKE SURE THE T-SHIRTS HAVE BEEN WASHED BECAUSE ANYTHING THAT HAS THE ABILITY TO SHRINK, OR HAS COLORS THAT CAN BLEED SHOULD ALWAYS BE WASHED BEFORE SEWN.
2. ABOUT RACE NUMBERS:
THERE ARE DIFFERENT TYPES OF RACE NUMBERS, ALMOST ALL OF THEM ARE MADE OF TYVEK, A VERY DURABLE MATERIAL. SOME ARE MADE OUT OF A PLASTIC COATING WITH PAPER ON BOTH SIDES--THIS IS NOT TYVEK AND IN THE PAST I WOULD NOT ACCEPT THEM, BUT I HAVE FIGURED OUT ANOTHER METHOD OF PUTTING THEM ON MY BAGS SO NO WORRIES IF YOU HAVE RACE BIBS MADE OF OTHER MATERIAL OTHER THAN TYVEK. THE COOL THING ABOUT THIS METHOD IS THAT YOU CAN KEEP YOUR RACE NUMBER AND HAVE A BAG...SO YOU GET THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS! JUST LET ME KNOW IF YOU PREFER THIS METHOD.
3. ABOUT THE MATERIALS YOUR BAG IS MADE OF:
I DON'T BUY GENERIC BAGS AND THEN SEW YOUR RACE NUMBERS TO IT. YOUR RACE NUMBERS AND/OR T-SHIRTS ARE USED TO MAKE THE ENTIRE BAG (EXCEPT THE LINING IN SOME CASES). I LIKE TO UTILIZE THE WHOLE BAG TO SHOW OFF YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS, HOWEVER...IF YOU ONLY HAVE ONE RACE NUMBER, I CAN STILL CREATE YOU ANY BAG YOU WANT, BUT I WILL HAVE TO USE ANOTHER FABRIC TO MAKE UP THE REST OF YOUR BAG (A NYLON FABRIC). THE INSIDE LINING ON THE BAGS ARE MADE OF RACE NUMBERS AND/OR T-SHIRTS AS WELL. IN SOME CASES A BLACK LINING...OR A COMBINATION OF YOUR RACE NUMBERS OR T-SHIRTS ARE USED FOR LINING AND POCKETS...DEPENDING ON WHICH BAG YOU WANT. AGAIN...YOU CAN CHOOSE HOW YOU WANT YOUR BAG...IT IS YOUR BAG AND I WANT TO MAKE IT HOW YOU WANT IT. THE ONLY BAG I MAKE THAT IS CONSTRUCTED COMPLETELY OF NYLON IS THE "BRING THE BLING" SMALLER TOTE BAG SINCE YOU ADD YOUR OWN "BLING" TO IT AND MAKE IT ~SHINE~!!
If I like a certain bag style just like it is and I don't want to change anything on it, do I still have to submit the contact form or send an email and wait for someone to contact me before placing my order?
Yes, you must still submit the contact form--or you can also email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org It is my way of keeping track of orders when they come in and also, I want to be sure I have written instructions for your order so your bag gets created the way you want it. This is a very important step because there are NO REFUNDS once you submit your payment. I just want to get it right :)
Can I order now and send my items later?
Absolutely! Many folks want to take advantage of a sale price when it's offered but have future events that they would like to complete so they can use those t-shirts and bibs on their bag but still get the sale price. I would only ask that you don't wait any longer than a year to send your items.
Why don't you accept credit card payments?
Since I have to pay to accept any sort of credit payments, it is less expensive for me to only have one form of payment offered. I use paypal because I am familiar with it and most everyone else is too.
Is there another option of payment besides paypal?
Yes, you can send a personal check, a cashier's check or money order to me (made out to Carol Bedard) when you send your race numbers and/or t-shirts for your order, just select the "print and call" option when you get to the payment section in the ordering process. Your total should include bag price and shipping costs.
How long does it take to receive my bag once it's ordered?
From the time I receive your race numbers and/or t-shirts, it will take anywhere from 2 weeks to 8 weeks before you receive your completed bag. It depends on how many orders I have ahead of yours. I will try my best to get your order finished as soon as possible. Bags are made in the order that they are received and they are made by ME and no one else.
Do you do rush orders?
No, I don't. There is just no way to rush the production of these bags; a quality bag is number one important to me, right next to customer service and I don't put someone elses order in front of someone who has been waiting for their bag. Please be patient, your bag will get finished and when you receive it, I hope that it is worth the time you had to wait for it :)
How can I track my package?
Your order will be delivered via USPS priority mail and you will be provided a tracking number once your package is shipped.
What is your return policy?
THERE ARE NO REFUNDS OR RETURNS FOR YOUR ORDERS. THE PRODUCTS YOU ORDER ARE CUSTOM MADE AND THIS IS A SERVICE THAT CANNOT BE REFUNDED, RETURNED OR UNDONE. ONCE YOU SUBMIT YOUR ORDER, ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
How do I care for my bag?
To be sure that your bag has a good long life, it's best to wash it by hand in cold water using a mild detergent and then hang it to dry. Don't put it in the dryer, tyvek can melt if it gets too hot, and whatever you do...don't try and iron it...it'll melt for sure!
The prices seem a bit high, can you explain the reasons behind your prices?
There are several reasons that the prices are what they are for these bags:
1. They are custom made, each and every one of them is different---and they take hours to create depending on which bag it is--laying out the pieces to work in the pattern, piecing it together like a quilt, cutting the pattern, and then, finally sewing the bag together.
2. These bags are not made in a factory where there are several people involved in the production of them and hundreds can be produced very quickly. There are two people involved in the operation of this company (me & my husband-occasionally my daughter or another gal that helps me with generic Expo bags).
3. These bags are created here in the United States (Emmett, Idaho), they're not made in a foreign country where people are paid pennies to make them in a production sweat shop factory.
4. These bags are not sold anywhere else, you can't go and buy one at places like Walmart where they import their goods and sell them in mass quantities.
If it isn't a Races R My Bag bag...it isn't original!
Are your prices negotiable?
No, but I will have some discounts posted on FACEBOOK from time to time so be sure to like Races R My Bag to see when I have a special deal :)